15 July 2007

Almost One Week -- Alison Hansen

Hello to everyone in the U.S.

It has been almost one week since we left for India. I cannot exactly say the time has flown, for me at least. Because we are in such a new environment, I feel at times that when I wake up I will be back in America with all of the conveniences I am not able to enjoy here such as drinkable water or a real shower...not one out of a bucket, or food that I don't have to wonder will make me sick or not. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have it any other way. The Lord wants me here as well as the rest and the benefits are definitely outweighing the trials.

We have met so many new people all of which want their picture taken with us :) They are all so genuine and have the most picturesque smiles I have ever seen. The kids are the best. But sometimes I just wish there wasn't such a language barrier. I wish I could just sit down and have a conversation with one of the women or be able to teach the people without the use of a translator (although the one we have is very good!!)

I do enjoy being in India and look forward to the next 2 1/2 weeks. I am sure the Lord is and will be providing many more opportunities for His people to do His work.

I would ask for your continuing prayers on our trip here in India, but more importantly for all the people who are hearing the Word...pray that the Holy Spirit will open their hearts to the message to either create faith for the unbeliever or strengthen faith for the believer.

Thank you!
Alison